BBQ Chicken Recipes
Georgia Peach-Barbecued Chicken
“Georgia is known as the “peach state” because the commercial peach industry originated there with the introduction of the delectable – and shippable – Elberta peach in 1875.” Original recipe yield: 4 servings. Courtesy Tyson® Foods.
- 4 Tyson® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- or 4 Tyson® IFF Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts with Rib Meat
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Preheat grill to medium. Wash hands. Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon onion salt. Wash hands.
- Combine peach preserves, barbecue sauce and remaining 1 teaspoon onion salt in a small bowl.
- Grill chicken, turning and brushing frequently with peach-barbecue sauce, for 15 to 20 minutes or until done (internal temp 170ºF).
Calories: 273, Total Fat: 6 g, Protein: 36 g, Carbohydrates: 19 g, Cholesterol: 92 mg, Sodium: 483 mg
BBQ Chicken the Old Bay® Way
“Old Bay® adds the flavor of the Chesapeake Bay country to a classic barbecued chicken.” Original recipe yield: 6 servings. Courtesy McCormick® & Company.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay® Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken parts
- vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay® Seasoning
- Combine all barbecue ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Lightly brush chicken pieces with oil. Sprinkle generously with Old Bay.
- Grill chicken over hot coals for about 40 minutes, turning often. During last 10 minutes of grilling, brush chicken with barbecue sauce. Serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side.
Calories: 429, Fat: 25 g, Cholesterol: 133 mg, Sodium: 969 mg, Carbohydrates: 9 g, Protein: 42 g
Blazing Glory Raspberry Chicken Breasts
“Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic Montreal Chicken supplies the flavor punch for grilled raspberry chicken breasts.” Original recipe yield: 6 servings. Courtesy McCormick® & Company.
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- In a small saucepan, blend first 4 ingredients until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens (about 4 minutes). Add preserves; stir until melted. Remove saucepan from burner and allow mixture to cool completely.
- Place chicken in a self closing plastic bag. Reserve 1/3 cup marinade; pour remaining marinade over chicken; close bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Place on grill over medium heat. Grill 10-12 minutes or until done, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade.
Calories: 162, Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 51 mg, Sodium: 242 mg, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Protein: 21 g
Ginger Glazed Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
“Brushing the chicken with leftover marinade ensures that each bite will be packed with flavor.” Original recipe yield: 6 servings. Courtesy Dole® Food Company.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits, drained, reserving juice
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Combine first 8 ingredients ingredients except chicken, in small bowl. Place chicken in resealable bag. Pour glaze over chicken coating well. Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours.
- Combine pineapple tidbits, red onion, cilantro and lime juice in small bowl. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Drain chicken. Pour marinade into small saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes.
- Grill chicken; covered, 6 minutes. Brush with marinade, turn and cook 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F in thickest part of chicken. Baste several times while cooking.
- Serve with heaping portions of salsa.
Calories: 320, Total Fat: 11g, Protein: 36 g, Carbohydrates: 16 g, Cholesterol: 82 mg, Sodium: 1332 mg